Monday, February 23, 2009

N.O. HOT SPOTS

So as the Mardi Grad weekend comes to a close I figured I would just give you all a highlight of two of the many hot spots I have visited in the past few days.

On Saturday before the Endymion parade I walked down Magazine Street and came upon the Buffalo Exchange. You can buy barely used name brand clothes for really cheap and they even have a few Mardi Gras costumes. The store's open everyday from about 11 am to 7 pm and is located by the intersection of Louisiana and Magazine Street. Here's the link to the Buffalo Exchange Website!


These are the heels I bought for $7 at Buffalo Exchange!


Anyway, a friend of mine from Chapel Hill was visiting for the weekend and he really wanted to try a New Orleans poboy. For those who don't know... a poboy is like a sub sandwich with whatever meats and dressings you want. On Monday afternoon we walked to Magazine Po-boy and Sandwich Shop on Magazine Street. We both got the shrimp poboys with all of the dressings and they were really good!!! They also have rice and beans (my favorite dish!) that come with a salad or green beans that I really want to try!! Although the store closes at 4:30 pm, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for breakfast or lunch. They have a variety of poboys and other plates available! GO THERE and see for yourself!


Mardi Gras is just about over and I am relishing in the pounds of beads and stuffed animals that are covering my bed right now. Anyone who wants beads, LET ME KNOW!

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for recycling beads! I'll take whatever you don't want off your hands so that I can be a good environmentalist and re-use them next year.

    ReplyDelete