Friday, February 20, 2009

A little about me . . .

Name: Jacqui
Age:
20
Hometown: Mooresville, NC
Major: History (American) and Communication Studies (Media studies)
Interests: movies, ford escapes, knitting, How I Met Your Mother, thunderstorms
Why I came to New Orleans: I was attracted to the history and culture of NOLA. I absolutely love American History, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to experience the history of such a diverse city, compared to the rest of the nation, first hand. I was also drawn to the service/internship aspect of the program, and I wanted to get out of Chapel Hill.
Internship: Researching artists at the Ogden Southern Art Museum; there are some really interesting artists, like the guy who at the age of 80 had a vision that told him to carve wood to release the spirits inside. It is really helping me hone my research and writing sills too.

Random Question: Why do people go up tall buildings and put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?


No comments:

Post a Comment