Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh, hey

First post, welp, here we go...
Name: Shadoe Stewart
Age: 20...I think. Yeah, 20.
Hometown: Goldsboro, NC
Major: Linguistics/American Studies (Southern studies), Pre-dental
Why I came to New Orleans: I came here because of the French influence on the city, the presence of Creole languages, the courses and their relation to my major as well as a chance to get out of Chapel hill, among other reasons. 
Currently extremely distracted by: This intelligence test
Semester internship: This semester I am helping out at The Chartwell Center, a day school for kids with Autism and related disorders. The kids are all awesome, and I'm really glad I get to hang out with them everday; more on Chartwell later.
Favourite thing about New Orleans so far: My favourite thing about the city so far is probably the pride-of-place most New Orleanians seem to have. 
Least favourite thing about New Orleans: The Hornets. We want them back. I'm still bitter about them leaving; more on that later.


Currently watching: YouTube-Stupid Police
Currently listening to:  Brand New Deja Entendu


...3 B M (S H T R) whaaat?

1 comment: