Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gone to Carolina in My Mind

After weeks of trying to figure out how to achieve it before I head back to Carolina, at last, I decided that my closure to New Orleans will never happen . I'm finally okay with that because I find myself content that I intend to keep it this way. The Crescent City will see me again soon enough so I'm not even sad to go anymore because I know I'll be back, in one way or another.

Keeping with the italicized song lyrics theme...this is Old Crow Medicine Show's song "Wagon Wheel." My song for our upcoming road trip From Bourbon Street back to Franklin...

Headed down south to the land of the pines

And I'm thumbin' my way into North Caroline
Starin' up the road
And pray to God I see headlights

I made it down the coast in seventeen hours
Pickin' me a bouquet of dogwood flowers
And I'm a hopin' for Raleigh
I can see my baby tonight

Sintha out. Word.
Peace New Orleans, for now.




Currently Listening to: Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show
Currently Watching: University of Minnesota Dance Team 04

No comments:

Post a Comment